Emma has had several good days. We are actually working hard to get her off of the vent this week. They did pressure support trials yesterday and today. She did well on the trials yesterday, and if she does well today, they will extubate tomorrow morning. Emma has been A LOT more awake these last few days and that can cause problems. Emma is very aware of the tube down her throat and gags on it frequently. Gagging leads to throw up, which leads to a subsequent drop in heart rate and sats for a brief moment? Needless to say, we are very ready for the tube to come out so she cannot be so sensitive to movement.
Also, Emma has kidney stones. There are several theories behind why she has developed these stones. One of the theories is that due to the amount of lasix, a diuretic, they had to use, stones formed. Other theories have more to do with her actual kidney functioning. Please pray that these stones do not move or cause her any problems.
As Emma’s doctor so eloquently put it today, Emma needs to either burp or fart…lol. Emma has a lot of gas build up in her intestines that NEEDS to come out. If it does not come out and she is still as irritable then the vent can not come out tomorrow even if she is ready!
Specific Prayer Requests:
We ask that you all remember our precious little friends in prayer: Katie, Taylor, Ella, Lyric, and Haven. They are all on a heart journey of their own. Remember their parents as well as they support their precious little ones.
Some specific prayer requests:
1) Pray that these pressure support trials will go well and that Emma will be able to come off of the vent.
2) Pray that her kidneys continue to function well.
3) Pray for her to continue to be in a good mood and not become easily irritated.
4) Pray for Scott and I to have continued peace and strength for the road ahead.
5) Pray for the nurses and doctors and all the other health care professionals that take care of Emma! May they be blessed because of their efforts!
6) Pray that Emma can pass gas!
Thanks again to everyone that continues to support us and Emma with thoughts and prayers! You do not how amazing that truly is to us!!!
God is good, all the time!