Emma is doing pretty good tonight except being what appears to be uncomfortable and unable to really sleep or rest. All in all today, she has made really good strides forward. She had a chest tube removed, was able to come off of CPAP way faster than anticipated and be put on a nasal canula, ate a little food, has had decreased drainage from chest tubes. Tonight, she is uncomfortable though and running a low grade temperature. So, we are going to start looking into possibilities for what might be causing this temperature, while trying to also get her to rest. Right now, Sarah is laying in bed with her and they are both watching The Voice. This is a short update, I know, but we will update more tomorrow.
As always, God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good!
1) Pray we figure out what is causing this temperature.
2) Pray Emma becomes more comfortable. That pain is eased. That we can help her in any way possible with this.
3) Pray for the medical staff taking such great care of her.
4) Pray that she continues to progress towards not needing these chest tubes.
5) Pray her lungs continue to clear up and that she is able to stay on just the nasal canula.
6) Pray for her nutrition that she is able to keep eating and digesting well.
Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers!