It doesn't seem that long ago when we were looking out the same windows on the 8th floor looking at snow falling. Today is a snowy day, and a perfect day to sit down and type an update for the blog! Emma is doing pretty good all things considered. She is dealing well with everything that she has to go through being that she has been in the hospital for months now. As far as her care goes, Boston is doing a very good job trying to arrange and figure out everything for the near future. We are scheduled currently for a heart catherization procedure on Monday. We initially were scheduled to have this procedure on Friday...but they had a cath lab (location where they do procedures) down and out, and then their electronic medical records software went down as well. As a result, our cath was canceled as we were one of the last cases for that day. Barring that all goes well in the cath lab and we find out that she is good to go for the next surgery, she will more than likely undergo heart surgery on Tuesday. This weekend will be pretty uneventful while we prepare for everything on Monday and potentially Tuesday. They are also trying to arrange a new PD drain placement (Emma's is not working), as well as a PICC line change (to give more access) on Monday as well. We will update more on Monday before, during, and after the procedure.
As always, God is good! All the time! And all the time, God is good!
Specific Prayer Requests:
1. Emma can stay infection free.
2. The team(s) can work together to develop best plan for Emma.
3. Emma's pressures will look good in the cath lab so we can move forward with surgery.
4. Pray for the doctor's, nurse's, and all her team here at Boston that are taking care of her.
5. Pray for her upcoming surgery if the pressures look good. Pray that it is successful and she has a good recovery.