Monday, October 18, 2010

Quick Update

I realize that Scott just updated everyone about last night's events.  However, he just called to inform me that the doctors have decided that they need to re-intubate her again.  Apparently, she is still working too hard to breathe.  While she is working less than earlier yesterday, she is not getting enough calories(energy) to supplement how hard she is having to work, so it is counterproductive.  This is slightly scary for us since the re-intubation last time did not go smoothly.  However, the doctors are prepared this time for large mucus plugs and are all in attendance for this intubation process.  I am still at the RMH.  I am feeling a lot better but am not going to take any chances with passing anything to Emma.  Please pray that this intubation process will go smoothly and that it is the right decision for Emma's  recovery.  We are praying that she will get some good nutrition this week, get her drainage tube out, and that the next time they extubate, she will be ready!  God is in control and knows what is best for our little girl.  Sometimes it is hard to let go and let God, but He has been so comforting, amazing, and faithful to us through this process so we put our full trust in him.  This morning as I cried because I want to be there and am heavy-hearted about how hard Emma is having to work and what the plans are, a song came to mind.

"Open my eyes to what you know.  So I can stretch so I can grow.  My feelings toss me to and fro.  Open my eyes to what you know."


I am asking God to open my eyes to his plans and to let me see and appreciate all that his has, is, and will do for us.

Also, pray for Scott.  He is going on little sleep.  I want to be there for him so bad.  He is an awesome daddy and is Emma's voice right now.

Sarah (Emma's Mommy)

9 comments:

  1. I just wanted to write and send you some encouragement. I am the mother who came by and brought a gift to Emma after reading on her blog. This time last year I was exactly where you are, and in just about the same place. We rolled along so smoothly and then all of a sudden we took so many steps backwards. I know how that feels and I am truly sorry for the pain you are feeling. It is not something you can describe to anyone, not even your spouse. You can be in a room full of people and feel all alone. Just know that she will get better, all of these things that she is doing are normal things that they see all the time. I asked that all the time, "have you dealt with this before??? What happened in that case?" The doctors and nurses are so good there and I can guarantee you will not find better care for your daughter anywhere else and also you will not find any better care for yourself. Use the resources at the hospital. Talk to the nurses often and share your feelings with them, they truly know how to comfort you in this terrible time. I look forward to reading your post saying she is extubated, and she will be, and she will thrive and grow! Please contact me if you need anything or have any questions at all. I know when we were there all I wanted to do was speak to someone who had been there before me! My email is amy.young@ectorcountyisd.org
    Thanks and you are in my prayers every night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott and Sarah! Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you guys. Emma is so precious and sweet! I read in the bulletin that my "hometown" church in Tipton is praying for you as well, as I know lots of others are! She has already stolen the hearts of many and she's just a tiny little thing! I hope you start feeling better Sarah! Sending lots of love and prayers your way! :) ~Brandi 'Jones' Welch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Emma and all she is going through. Praying today will be a good day and all will go well. Praying for mom and dad too.
    Angie-Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Ella's blog we just got a note saying to pray that something is not right. Praying, not even sure how to pray but praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful note from Amy Young. Most of us have never had to deal with this kind of trial, but we are doing what we know how to do and that is to pray. Only a fraction of us know each other personally, but this little angel has brought us all together and has brought each of us closer to God. God is good and we all continue to pray for this family. We must never forget that He will not put more on us than we can bear. We are looking forward to some wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that sweet Emma is able to pull through and transition back on to the ventilator with ease. I also pray that you all are able to stay strong through these difficult times. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. Your story and strength is inspiring and Emma is such a beautiful little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Father we lift up this baby to you for protection for healing. Father you already know her needs and we stand in faith that you will heal her. God you are Mighty to Save Sweet Emma is having a hard go of it right now. I ask that you lay your mighty hands and cover her and her mommy and daddy in your love and protection. We ask for strength and healing and that Emma's lungs and heart preform the way you have made them too. We cover this family in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for little Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We continue to pray for Emma to get through this difficult time in her recovery. Love to you all. Kendall and Darla

    ReplyDelete