|Close-up of Miss Emma's face. Her little chest is still open so we will crop the pics.|
Well, we had another good day yesterday. Emma was able to have a little bath last night and get all of her blankets changed out. She smells so good this morning and is quite alert. She is opening her sweet little eyes and paying attention to Scott and I.
Speaking of Scott, he is truly the best husband and daddy in the world. He hardly ever leaves his little girl’s side, and when he does he is constantly checking up on her. He spends the night at the Cardiac ICU every night and diligently watches over our little Emma all night. I have stayed a couple of nights, but Scott and my mom are pretty insistent that I go back and sleep at the Ronald McDonald House most nights until I heal more. Emma already has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger.
Keep those prayers going for Miss Emma. She has been such a fighter! God is good and has been working so hard in Miss Emma’s life.
Specific Prayer Requests:
1. Pray that her chest closure goes smoothly (It will either be today or tomorrow)
2. Pray that that the 8-12 hours post chest closure goes smoothly and that we experience no downturns.
3. Pray that her recovery keeps going smooth
4. Pray that she will not have to be on the ventilator very long and that they will be able to remove the drainage tubes and such soon.
5. Pray for the other families here at Children’s……there are a lot of ups and downs in this ride.
6. Thank our Loving, and Caring God for the work he has done so far in Emma’s life.
Special Prayer Request:
A family that we met at the RMH had a baby in the Cardiac ICU that went to be her Heavenly Father this morning. Pray for God’s comfort and strength to surround them.
Sarah (Emma's Mommy)