Emma officially arrived back in her room at 3:25pm. It took the doctors and nurses about one hour to get her situated and hooked up to all of the monitors again. Emma is doing good. Her stats are holding steady and she is resting (with the help of many meds). The doctors and nurses have told us to be prepared for the next several hours (really about 12 to 24 hours). They tell us that cardiac babies tend to realize that something is different about their bodies around the 8 to 12 hour mark. This is when they can act up. We are praying that Emma does not have an episode, but the doctors and nurses are trying to prepare us just in case. Her glucose is running a little high, so they are going to be checking it frequently; however, they just told me that it was coming down on its own which is good. They are continuing to monitor all of her levels and stats. The nurse will be super busy tonight checking on everything.
Specific Prayer Requests:
1.Pray that Emma has a restful and uneventful evening.
2. Pray that Emma is not a typical cardiac patient that has a downturn.
3. Pray that Emma will stabilize with all of her levels so they can start weaning her off of her meds sometime tomorrow.
4. Pray for the doctors and nurses that will be caring for her this evening that they will have the knowledge and wisdom to make the right decisions for her.
5. Pray that Scott and I will be able to be strong for Emma and get some rest this evening.
6. Give God the glory and adoration for everything he has done for Emma over the past week!
We cannot thank you enough for your support and prayers. All of the comments today were very uplifting.
Sarah (Emma’s Mommy)
|All snuggled in and resting after our big day!|