Well, the sun is up and it looks to be a beautiful day in Dallas. We had a pretty peaceful night. Emma did a great job holding her own without the pacemaker. They are obviously still watching her very close, but are happy with what they are seeing thus far. Her right upper lung is collapsed again, so they are trying to work on getting that back up. The downside is that since she is still in a fragile state, they cannot work too hard on her respiratory therapy. Another thing they are watching this morning is her body temperature. Her core temperature is running at 99, but her hands and feet are cooler. The nurse said that a lot of times this is a sign that they are about to spike a fever. We obviously do not want any extra concerns, so we are praying that this is not the case. I find myself watching all the numbers closely. It is hard to take my eyes off of them. I want and pray so bad that my beautiful baby girl will be back to having really good days soon. It is so hard to watch her fight so hard. I stayed at the hospital with Scott last night and we both got more sleep than we thought. On a side note, Emma is not too fond of the placement of her vent and she keeps sucking on it, which makes the funniest noises.
Specific Prayer Requests:
1. Pray that Emma has a GREAT day.
2. Pray that Emma’s heart rhythm continues to do well.
3. Pray that Emma does not spike a fever.
4. Pray that Emma’s sats, stats, and neers continue to look good.
5. Pray that Emma’s labs look good.
6. Pray that Emma’s right lung comes back up and they will be able to keep them up.
7. Pray that her chest tube drainage will decrease so they can take it our.
8. Pray that Emma will be able to go back on breast milk soon.
9. Pray that Scott and I (and my mom) can keep up our energy and morale.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Don’t forget to give the glory and gratitude to God for listening to our prayers and working so hard in Emma’s life.
Sarah (Emma’s Mommy)