Emma had a wonderful night last night. I didn't even wake up but once or twice, I don't think! She rested well and all of her numbers looked great throughout the night! The doctors were very pleased with her yesterday. The only problem that we have encountered is eluded by the title. She has been losing weight, not gaining weight. Yesterday when they tried to start feeding her through an NG tube, she threw it up. They want her to gain weight, and so they have started several new things to help her pack some "meat on those bones"! They have moved her into a box or what they call the Giraffe Omnicell. It is a bed that helps keep noise and temperature from being a problem with her gaining weight. She is also getting albumin, which will help her overall process of gaining weight. They are going to start feeding her milk through her NG tube as well today. All of these things are being done to try to help her start "filling out" at a quicker rate.
Specific prayer requests:
1) Pray that she starts to gain weight with all of these changes.
2) Pray for her heart, that it continues to be arrhythmia free and functions well.
3) Pray that her chest tube quits draining so much and that it can come out soon.
4) Pray for her right lung, that it continues to remain inflated and that both of her lungs remain open, clear, and function properly.
5) Pray for the doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, nurse practitioners, fellows, etc. that all do amazing things for Emma.
6) Please continue to pray that all of her numbers continue to look great! That includes saturations, labs, weight, growth, heart rate, blood pressure, LAP, temperature, etc.
God is truly amazing! He is constantly reminding me each day of His presence and work in her life! God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!
Grow Emma Grow!!! :-)
Daddy Scott :-)