Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh the JOY!

 We send out a big THANK YOU to Jennifer from Sugar Photography.  Jennifer gave up her precious time to come to Children's Hospital to take pictures of the first time I got to hold Emma.  She took some AMAZING pictures that truly capture the JOY I was feeling in those moments.  Scott and I will cherish these photos forever.  These photos capture a moment in time when my heart was made complete.  Holding my precious little one was a dream come true.  God has blessed us with this little girl.  He has worked so hard in Emma's life and we are forever grateful to Him for this blessing.  As the poem reads, 

"Everyday I will strive to remember...

You chose me for her and no other
And I will embrace that beautiful day...
When I became a "heart mother".
~Stephanie Husted







Check out Jennifer's work at: www.sugar-photography.com

and
                                               www.sugar-photography.com/blog

We truly appreciate the prayers and support.  Emma has had a few good days in a row.  Please pray that the doctors will have the wisdom and knowledge to make the decisions necessary to continue Emma on this good path.  Also, pray that Emma will be ready for these changes and continue to have good days!


Sarah (Emma's Mommy)

7 comments:

  1. I found your blog thru Sugar's blog and I want you to know that I will be praying for you and your warrior heart princess! That is what I call my sweet girl, Maggie Jane. Maggie is 3 yrs old and has a complex heart as well. Her CHD's are grouped under HRHS. She has had all 3 surgeries and is doing very well. Feel free to read about our journey with Maggie at www.happyheartsblog.com
    I will be praying that Emma's extubation goes well and that you can get your sweet girl home where she belongs very soon. Always remember that our God is in control and He is holding your sweet girl in His all powerful hands.
    Heart hugs,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will contine to pray, Jackson wanted me to tell you that he and his Bubba will keep praying for baby Emma.
    Constantly thinking and praying for your sweet family.
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are gorgeous!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I pray Em continues to do well and that today goes smoothly. We love and miss you and are looking forward to seeing you on Sunday for Scotty's birthday!!!! WE LOVE YOU THREE!!!!
    ~Randi Estes

    ReplyDelete
  4. What breath taking precious pictures of a wonderful moment in time. God is so good that you both were able to hold your sweet baby girl. She is so beautiful and she'll love these pictures when she's older. Brings back many memories of the first time I held Weston, you are so right it makes you complete. Lifting you all in prayer. Keep fighting Emma you are such a trooper and sweet little girl.

    The Rogers Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such beautiful pictures!!! They must mean the world to you to capture such an incredible moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures do tell it all! The look on your face is priceless and I was covered in chills from head to toe just thinking about what a miracle we were witnessing. God bless the talented photographer...she caught beautiful images that made me cry out of happiness for you. There is nothing like holding your baby for the first time especially after what you have been through. I am so excited for you and continually praying. I hope there are many more good days to come. Love to all of you,
    The Brown Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to do this! The pics are amazing and you will always be able to see the absolute joy of holding your daughter for the first time! I'm so glad she is having good days and I continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete